Hi
I'm sure everyone is aware of the proposals for effective reduction of academic library services at Bangor University.
It appears that the redundancies of senior information staff are intended to channel resources into research, to improve the chances of a successful DAPs application (Degree Awarding Powers).

The regional AUT have suggested that the restructuring will actually result in a poor DAPs performance for the academic library, thus weakening the chances of obtaining Degree Awarding Powers.
What is possibly more revealing, is that the QAA criteria regarding 'the Environment supporting the Delivery of taught Higher Education programmes' has failed to persuade Bangor from pursuing these proposals.
I wonder if individuals concerned about these proposals should actually lobby the QAA in addition to the obvious bodies such as the University of Bangor?

Further information on this issue is being provided by the AUT at Bangor (including a consultation document, news items and details on how to contact regional government):
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/is/iss069/website/news.htm

Paul Catherall MA(Dist) MCLIP ILTA
(Web Officer CDG Wales)
Web Developer | Datblygwr y We
Information & Student Services | Gwasanaethau Myfyrwyr a Gwybodaeth
North East Wales Institute of HE | Athrofa Addysg Uwch Gogledd Ddwyrain Cymru
Mold Road | Ffordd yr Wyddgrug
Wrexham | Wrecsam
LL11 2AW
Tel | Ffôn : 01978293341 (Internal | Mewnol: 3341)
Mobile | Ffôn symudol : 07855183186
Email | E-bost: [log in to unmask]
http://www.newi.ac.uk