here is one to look at, see 4th para

 ORGANISATION Royal Society
LOCATION London SW1
SALARY circa £45k per annum plus benefits
CLOSING DATE 04 March 2005
WEBSITE Royal Society
CONTACT EMAIL [log in to unmask]

The Royal Society, the UKs premier scientific body, has an exciting opportunity for a senior person to manage and promote the Societys world class history of science archives and library resources.

The person appointed will play a key role in planning the future development and expansion of the Library into a premier resource centre for the history of science, particularly in the areas of electronic archiving, digitisation and the development of high quality on-line resources.

We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership qualities. You will be a member of the Senior Management Team and so need to possess the energy, vision and commitment to make a positive contribution to the strategic planning of the Society. It is essential that you are knowledgeable in the issues involved in the provision of a digitisation programme and on-line resources.

With either a first degree in a relevant academic subject and post graduate qualification in Librarianship/Information science or a first degree in Librarianship/Information science, you will also have significant management experience in an academic information context.

A flexible, creative and innovative approach to work will be central to achieving success in this role to increase access of the collections to an international audience as part of the Societys ambitious profile-raising programme leading up to 2010 the Societys 350th Anniversary.

Benefits include:

* 29 days paid holiday
* Flexitime hours
* Final salary pension