From: Chartered Library and Information Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dobson, Malcolm
Sent: 16 February 2005 11:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Gazette Feb 11th

Perhaps the jobs could be listed under the heading 'The following posts have been advertised at salaries below CILIPs recommendations. Members are advised not to apply'

And, given that Librarians are members of other bodies as well as or instead of CILIP, and other bodies or organisations advertise jobs (eg TFPL), perhaps some partnership working on the issue would be in order, so that the profession presents a united front? (or is that another part of Tony Mcsean's 'bigger picture' that we don't see?)

Malcolm Dobson