Tony’s answer exemplifies the reasons I have for giving up on CILIP in its current form. “We know it’s wrong, but it pays well, and who are we to say what’s right”.

Mike Morris, Librarian, ISCA

51 Banbury Rd., Oxford OX2 6PE 01865 274671

From: Chartered Library and Information Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mcsean, Tony (ELS)
Sent: 14 February 2005 09:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Gazette 11 Feb

Gillian is right to say that the argument has simmered gently on (Cilip arguments rarely "rage") for years about whether Appointments and its online equivalent should carry adverts for posts which offer unfeasibly small salaries and/or have been "blacklisted" .  My view has always been that these adverts should be turned away but that the issue is not a particularly important one.

 ….