Dear colleagues
The vacancy below will be advertised in the CILIP Library + Information
Gazette next week.  After almost 14 years setting up and developing the
Homerton Health Library service, I am changing tack to become a pastor
in my local church.  I will be leaving by the end of October, and the
School is looking to recruit a replacement with suitable experience -
preferably of both higher education and healthcare - to come with fresh
ideas and take the library service a stage further forward in its
development.  It is a varied and enjoyable job, with a good mix of
responsibilities (including a lot of teaching/training), involvement at
a high level within the School, a decent budget, and a great library
team.  My swan song will be to take the service through a Helicon
accreditation visit in September, and contribute to QAA Major Review in
October.

If you would like further information or to chat informally about the
post, please feel free to contact me.

Regards - Graham

Graham C Haldane, BD (Hons) MSc MCLIP
Health Studies Librarian
Homerton School of Health Studies
Victoria House, Capital Park, Fulbourn, Cambridge CB1 5XA
Tel: 01223-885993
Fax: 01223-885990
email: [log in to unmask]

Homerton School of Health Studies, in partnership with local NHS Trusts,
Primary Care Trusts and the independent health sector, is the primary
provider of education for healthcare professionals within
Cambridgeshire, and also offers courses at a regional and national
level.

HEALTH STUDIES LIBRARIAN

£31559-£35883
(pay review pending)

* Strategic planner?
* Experience in healthcare and higher education?
* Teaching and research experience?
* Supportive team leader?

High quality library services are crucial to the delivery of our
healthcare education programmes, with their emphasis on evidence-based
practice, research-based teaching and enquiry-based learning.  Our
library service has a high reputation locally, particularly for its
helpful staff, range of resources, and recently refurbished
accommodation.  We are seeking Helicon accreditation in September 2005.

The current postholder is developing his career in a different
direction. We are therefore wishing to appoint an individual with
suitable experience, drive and creative ideas to move our library and
learning resource services through the next stage of their development.

The School offers an attractive working environment and supportive staff
development policy.

The current Health Studies Librarian, Graham Haldane, will be happy to
discuss this post further and would encourage an informal visit:
01223-885993 or [log in to unmask]  You are also invited to
contact Val Musson, Associate Dean: Learning Resources and Quality on
01223 885984 or [log in to unmask]

Further details and an application form are available from Lorraine
Andison, Workforce Planning Department: 01733-874780 or

Closing date for applications 12:00 hours on Monday 5 September 2005.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 19 September 2005