My host PCT is running a pilot with Intouch with Health's PIMS and also
with the Patient side of the system at 2 GP practices. I've only just
got involved, they've just done some training on authoring leaflets.

You can allocate leaflets to categories and sub-categories and use
keywords to aid searching. There's no thesaurus or authority file linked
in to it though. You set up your own categories. You can also import
existing leaflets. The tracking of document revision looks good.

The Patient Information side has been running in the practices for a
couple of months. Patients seem to like the kiosk version which is out
in the waiting room at one practice, the other practice is using a
dedicated PC and keyboard in a separate room which seems to be getting
less use.

Diane Thompson
Library Services Manager, Public Health Development Team.
Library and Knowledge Management Services to the 4 Primary Care Trusts
of Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire

West Hull Primary Care Trust, Health House, Grange Park Lane, WILLERBY,
HU10 6DT
Tel: 01482 672190, Fax: 01482 672118
mailto:[log in to unmask]

Discover www.hull.co.uk
This email is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify
the sender accordingly. Unauthorised copying and/or use of this email if
you are not the intended recipient will result in legal action being
taken.