-----Original Message-----
From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Scott Gibbens
Sent: 16 June 2005 18:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: OVID vs DIALOG

Apologies to those who are getting bored of this - these are my final
comments on this discussion..

So far I have had a number of personal emails from NHS library staff
telling me they prefer Dialog and pointing out problems with OVID that
Dialog does not have.

No system is perfect - but the core content team picked the resources after
carfeully evalutating them on a number of criteria. This team is made up of
NHS librarians with many years of experience.

This team choose Dialog. This resource HAS proved to be successful - 8
million searches in a year - and has been endorsed with long term funding
from the SHAs.

I stand by the decision to work with Dialog, and the personal emails I have
recived from NHS librarians back up that view,

Regards
Scott Gibbens
NHS Core Content Manager