I hadn't seen this before but thought it was a good idea??

Hello everyone,
I have been asked to pass on this information to as many people as possible
by the Ambulance Trust PALS.

A national "In Case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign was launched by an East
Anglian Ambulance Service paramedic in April with the support of Falklands
war hero Simon Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual Life Savers
Awards.

The idea is that you store the word ICE in your mobile phone address
book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be
contacted 'In Case of Emergency'.  It's such a simple idea but could be
really helpful in an emergency - it would save ambulance crews and hospital
staff time and would ensure that a patient's loved one was contacted as soon
as possible.

Here is a web link with more information:

<http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/content/news/newsdetail.asp?newsID=6461
04183>
http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/content/news/newsdetail.asp?newsID=64610
4183

Bruce Madge
Temporary Sub Librarian
The Library
British Medical Association
Tavistock Square
London WC1H 9JP
tel: (+44) 207 383 6184
fax: (+44) 207 388 2544
email [log in to unmask]
mobile 07717537136

Please attend the ICML9 | CRICS7
Salvador, Bahia - Brazil - 20 – 23 September, 2005
Registration is open - www.icml9.org/?lang=en

the system manager mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.bma.org.uk