Message

Dear all

Thanks to those of you who contributed to our testing in December - 53 of you sent in feedback after taking part.  Some changes have been made to the SSE as a direct result of this, other suggestions were already on the list of future development work, and other comments have been added to a list for discussion by the team.  All the feedback was incredibly helpful. For a summary of the feedback, the responses from the SSE team, and details of what changes have been made, please go to http://www.library.nhs.uk/forLibrarians/ and click on the first link under Relevant Documents.  If you didn't take part in the testing, and want to see what each numbered item refers to, there is also a link to the testing document from the same page.
If you wish to comment further, please email [log in to unmask]

The search will go live on the NLH site (www.library.nhs.uk) on Monday 10th January.  Work on the next phase then begins in earnest.  We are also having some usability testing carried out independently, which will help to inform future developments and improvements.

To help inform end users about the search, the options available, and the types of resources they will find in their results, there is now a new 2-page template on the DLnet POD page - http://www.nelh.nhs.uk/dlnet/pod.asp, called NLH Search - quick introduction.  There is space for you to add your own library details - you'll need to choose the Save option when you click on the link to download the file.

There are also the robodemo and powerpoint files available from http://www.library.nhs.uk/searchdemo/, for any offline demonstrations you might do.

Best wishes

Fran Wilkie
on behalf of the
SSE Team

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.