Dear colleagues,

I don't know if you've heard about this week, but I've just been asked
to spread the word - sorry for such short notice - the information has
only just got to me!

--------------------

National Health Informatics Week will be launched at the Assist
Conference in Birmingham on 18 May 2005. Alan Perkins, director of
modernisation, will give the keynote speech at the launch.

The event is designed to raise awareness amongst all NHS staff, patients
and the public about the important role that health informatics plays in
the NHS.   ASSIST, NHS partners, the BCS and others will help to raise
awareness, and you are encouraged to take part and cascade information
to others.

For background information and an information pack with suggestions of
how to get involved locally, go to
http://www.assist.org.uk/Health_Informatics_Week/index.htm

Best wishes

Fran

Fran Wilkie
NeLH Training Facilitator
NHS Connecting for Health
07775 668473

National Library for Health

Visit your local library to find out what's new and what's going on -
you might be surprised at what you find...

 ...skilled staff to help with enquiries and searches

 ...training courses and outreach services

 ...the best available evidence about health care just a click away  at
www.library.nhs.uk <http://www.library.nhs.uk/>

 ...access to electronic journals and books as well as traditional paper
copies

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.