From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">her, library
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 11:15 AM
Subject: User Surveys/Questionnaires: request for information

** Apologies for cross posting **

Dear all

We are about to undertake a user survey and obviously would like to make it as useful an exercise as possible. Therefore, before we start we were wondering whether anyone out there would be willing to provide any tips/hints to a successful user survey/questionnaire. If possible we would like to look at some of the actual surveys themselves to gain ideas on ways in which questions can be phrased to elicit useful information. On previous occasions when we have undertaken surveys, we have been able to see quite clearly what questions worked and which didn’t only when we started to receive the responses! If possible we would like to gain both qualitative and quantitative information from our survey, and try to gain responses to quality standards (but as we all know, that issue is a can of worms!). We are hoping that we can try and devise a survey which covers the library service as a whole (rather than concentrating on one area such as training) so its even more crucial that every question is as targeted, relevant and useful as possible in order to cover the wide range of issues necessary.

Any help/advice/assistance gratefully received.

Kind regards

Library Staff

Herefordshire Clinical Library Service

Postgraduate Medical Centre

County Hospital

Hereford

HR1 2ER

Tel: 01432 355444 Ext.5840

Fax: 01432 355265

Visit our intranet library mini-site at http://nww.herefordshire.nhs.uk/hht/libraries/index.asp

This email, together with any attachments, is intended for the named addressee(s) only. It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee, you may neither copy nor use it nor disclose it to anyone else. If you have received it in error, please notify me immediately by return email and delete the message from your computer.