Needless to say I was concerned to read about the apparent non-appearance of a King's Fund publication on the King's Fund database!  But I've just done a Dialog search our our db, and this did come up with the relevant record (see below).  So now I'm even more baffled as to why it didn't come up when you did your search...  If you solve the mystery, do let me know off-list!

Yours, Lynette Cawthra, Information & Library Service Manager, King's Fund

----------------
Accession number & update
0000101570 20040101.
Title
Author(s)
Dixon-Jennifer, Lewis-Richard, Rosen-Rebecca, Finlayson-Belinda, Gray-Diane.
Corporate author(s)
King's Fund.
Abstract
Chronic medical conditions such as asthma, diabetes, heart failure and hypertension affect large numbers of people, including patients, carers, families and friends. As the population in England ages, growing numbers of patients will need help with managing complex, multiple conditions over sustained periods. Apart from the burden of ill-health, treating these conditions is likely to cost the NHS far more than elective surgical procedures. This is a summary of a report which offers an analysis of five managed care organisations across the United States and asks what lessons or transferable models might emerge for health care in England. It asks how the wider economic and social context affect how they work, examines the clinical processes they use to manage chronic disease, and puts forward recommendations for the future NHS. (SMD).
Descriptors
chronic-disease; managed-care-organisations; models; international-comparisons;
United-States-of-America; United-Kingdom.
Publication type
WEBPUBL.
Publication year
2004.