From: Duffy Maureen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 10 August 2005 09:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: BL Electronic Delivery

We have found that although we can cope with opening the files, if we try to forward them direct to our borrowers (unopened), they often have problems, so what happens is that we have to print them out anyway & put them in our internal post - which seems to defeat the object somewhat.  Our readers have such a varied lot of hardware, software, IT literacy, etc. that the problem can't be solved by a 'one size fits all' approach.

Incidentally, no such problems with the BMA Library system!

Regards,

Maureen Duffy

Education Centre Library

S. Tyneside District Hospital

Harton Lane

South Shields

Tyne & Wear

NE34 0PL

Tel. 0191 4548888 ext 2572

Fax 0191 4270096

HLN code SSH

NULJ code STDH

Did you know that your local health library offers

Help and advice from skilled staff

Journal and book collections - electronic as well as traditional - over 1000 online fulltext journals available free

Study space and internet access

Training courses and current awareness services

Search services and document delivery

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete this message from your system. Please do not disclose its contents to another person; to do so could be a breach of confidence.