Dear Colleague

BMJ Publishing Group subscription rates for 2006

BMJ and bmj.com

Original research papers will be freely available on bmj.com from the moment of publication. All other articles appearing in the print journal (eg editorials, educational articles, and reviews) will be behind access controls for one year, after that all content will once again be free. Abstracts and extract views of all articles will remain free, as will other website content and functions.

BMJ Journals

· We are happy to activate online subscriptions for customers having problems. On activation we will also issue you with a newly created username and password which enables you to access the account administrator sections of the journal websites. If you would like us to activate your subscription/s please contact us at [log in to unmask].

· The following journals have increased impact factors this year: Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, British Journal of Sports Medicine, Emergency Medicine Journal, Gut, Heart, Injury Prevention, Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health, Journal of Medical Ethics, Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, Occupational & Environmental Medicine, Postgraduate Medical Journal, Quality & Safety in Health Care, Sexually Transmitted Infections and Thorax.

· Neurology in Practice will cease publication in 2005. It will be replaced by Practical Neurology published 6 times a year as a supplement to Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry. Practical Neurology has been purchased from Blackwell Publishing (subject to contract).

· We are working towards digitisation of the archive to the first ever publication of all BMJ Journals. By the end of 2006 the archive will be free to access online via PubMedCentral.

BMJ Knowledge

· New enhanced Clinical Evidence Online - in response to customer feedback the Clinical Evidence website has been further enhanced for improved navigation. Improvements include: ‘Google’ style search results, links to BNF at condition and treatment level (UK users only), enhanced table of contents and drop down list of all available conditions. The layout of each condition has also been greatly simplified to make it more user friendly.

· Clinical Evidence Concise is no longer published with an accompanying CD-ROM.

· bmjupdates+ is a new, unique and free alerting service of the best evidence designed to keep doctors up to date with medical literature. Doctors can sign up to receive tailored email alerts about new evidence with links to abstracts and free full text articles as soon as available. For more details visit bmjupdates.com

To keep up to date with developments of BMJ Publishing Group products please visit the Library Resource Centre on bmjjournals.com/lrc and sign up for our newsletter alerts.

You are welcome to send your comments and suggestions to me at [log in to unmask]. For Online Collection sales please email [log in to unmask].

Yours faithfully

Julie Halfacre
Product Manager
BMJ Publishing Group