"The UK Medical Research Council (MRC) supports research in all areas
of medical and related science. We are funded by the UK taxpayer. Our
aim is to improve the health and quality of life of the public and to
contribute to the wealth of the nation.

On 9 February 2005, Council, MRC's governing body is holding a public
meeting in Manchester to discuss its current range of research and
how it can bring greatest benefit to the health of people in the UK
and overseas. "

http://www.livegroup.co.uk/mrcpublicmeeting/

You might like to publicise this meeting to any of your users with an
interest in research.  I think this is the first time MRC has held a
public meeting like this.

Frank Norman, Librarian. National Institute for Medical Research
The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA,  UK
tel 020 8816 2227   fax 020 8816 2230   email [log in to unmask]