Dear all,

You might be interested in this newsfeed announcement regarding the U.S.
National Institutes of Health's change in plan regarding the length of time
research will be embargoed (from 6 months to 1 year) before it is made
freely available: http://www.ihealthbeat.org/index.cfm?logoff=1 (click on
2nd article).  The reason given for the change in embargo time is that NIH
could not prove that a 6-month embargo would not adversely impact [the
publishing industry].

If the above link doesn't work, let me know and I will try another way.  You
might also be able to find more on this in the Washington Post, but you
would have to register.  I think you can read up to 2 articles per day on
ihealthbeat without registering.

There is also a story ihealthbeat on increased availability of data to the
public (British) on adverse drug interactions.  Click on the 1st link or see
http://www.mhra.gov.uk/news/news.htm#patreport.

Regards,
Pam

Pam White, Library Services Manager