Morning all,

Any advice, suggestions, experience on the following would be most
gratefully received. My colleague and I run a patient information service
where we deal with each enquirer in person and respond to their information
request individually, thereby tailoring each response to each user. Up to
now, we have detailed each enquiry using a paper-based system of enquiry
forms, filling in such categories as Subject of enquiry, enquirer category,
information provided etc. Although useful, this system is very limited and
is a nightmare at 'annual report' time when statistics have to painstakingly
hand-counted from the forms to ascertain number of nurses using the service,
etc.

We are currently looking into the possibility of having an electronic
enquiry system where enquiries can be recorded via a database and therefore
statistics would be very easily collated and cross-referenced. Plus an
easily-searchable archive would be built up. As we are at the very beginning
of such an opportunity, we were wondering how other services recorded their
enquiries, and could share any dos or don'ts regarding this. Thanks

Lorna Patterson, BA Hons MA MCLIP
Family Information Librarian
Children's Health Information Centre
B Floor East Block
Queen's Medical Centre
Nottingham
NG7 2UH

Tel: 0115 9249924 ext 41883
<mailto: [log in to unmask]>
Please visit our website at www.chic-qmc.org.uk

the system manager.
NetIQ's Mailmarshal for the presence of known computer viruses.

Queens Medical Centre
ICT Services
ID:QMCICT1