From: Daniel Beck [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 21 June 2005 10:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: URLs

Dear Colleagues,

We add articles to our Library catalogue, with title, abstract etc information. We have not made it a habit to add URLs for these articles to our catalogue records, mainly due to concerns about the instability of these URLs, with many becoming ‘dead’ or changing frequently. I wonder if any one else does add URLs to articles when making records?, or chooses to omit them?

Many thanks,

Daniel Beck

Assistant Librarian (Serials)

Royal College of General Practitioners

14 Prince's Gate

London SW7 1PU

Tel - 0207 344 3155

Fax - 0207 584 1992

www.rcgp.org.uk

Please note that the new telephone number for both Guy's and St. Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust is 020 7188 7188. *********************************************************************
This e-mail may contain confidential and / or privileged information. Unless otherwise specified, the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of Guy's and St Thomas Hospital NHS Foundation Trust or any of its subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient (Or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail immediately. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly prohibited. *********************************************************************