As a follow on from this question, there are a lot of regional library
networks [Northern & Yorkshire; WISH; SWICE etc] whose catalogues are
available to search over the internet. I would be very interested in knowing
if any of the NHS regional networks, including HLN and London Links
mentioned below, would consider an application for membership from another
library OUTSIDE of their geographical area?  With a fee charged?

The BMA, RCS, PLCS and NULJ are nationally available and have subscription
fees. Might a regional network [here in East Anglia we have our Eden network
which covers 3 WDD areas libraries]  income generate in a similar way?

In advance of any decision about a national document delivery service [which
I think is a long time away]  maybe there's some mileage in discussing
interim, between library networks, arrangements.

What do others think?
regards
Hilary
Hilary Jackson, Head of Knowledge Services
Modernisation - Anglia Support Partnership
Kingfisher House, Hinchingbrooke Business Park
Huntingdon, Cambs  PE29 6FH
tel:  01480 398622      fax: 01480 398501
email:  [log in to unmask] < mailto:[log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> >
http://www.knowledge.asp.nhs.uk <http://www.knowledge.asp.nhs.uk>