Please could those of you working in academic libraries with OPAC machines take a few moments to feedback on the following issue:

We have been told by our Network Support staff that any IT audit would seriously reprimand them if any PC in our college was permanently logged on using a generic (not individualised) login. How do members of the list run their OPAC machines? Are the dedicated OPAC PCs permanently logged in under generic usernames, or do students have to log in themselves before using them? Do institutions allow the use of the Internet from machines with no identifiable login?

Please reply to me directly.

Many thanks for your time,
Jane.

Jane Brockway
Senior Assistant & Learning Adviser
The Parade Learning Centre
Coleg Glan Hafren
Tel: 02920 406591 Ext: 2591

Disclaimer

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coleg Glan Hafren.

If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail in error and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.
All e-mail sent to or from this address will be processed by Coleg Glan Hafren's E-mail system and may be subject to scrutiny by persons other than the addressee.  E-mails containing attachments in other than the standard Microsoft Office file formats may be quarantined for inspection before transmission to the recipient.

Mae’r e-bost hwn yn gyfrinachol a bwriedir ar gyfer y rhai a enwir uchod yn unig. Mae unrhyw farnau a gyflwynir yn eiddo’r awdur a nid ydynt o angenrheidrwydd yn adlewyrchu rhai Coleg Glan Hafren.

Os nad chi yw’r derbynnydd a enwir yr ydych wedi derbyn yr e-bost hwn yn anfwriadol, a gwaherddir unrhyw ddefnydd ohono gan gynnwys ei ddosbarthu, ei drosglwyddo, ei argraffu neu ei gopio. O dan y fath amgylchiadau, dylech gael gwared ar y neges a bod mor garedig â rhoi gwybod i’r anfonydd drwy anfon e-bost yn ôl.