Apologies for cross posting

Book early for our October courses!  Each of these one day courses are
held at the Manchester Business School, and include refreshments
throughout the day and a three course lunch. Avoid the time and expense of
travelling to London and take advantage of our competitive rates.

Next courses:

Tuesday 4 October
Web Creation and Design
10am-5pm
£250/£215*
Course leader: Caroline Doidge
Websites are becoming the way to advertise your business; traditional
methods are ineffectual, time consuming and expensive. This course will
help you to create your own website by giving you a basic grounding in
Macromedia Dreamweaver. Using Dreamweaver you will learn to create a three
page website from scratch given a layout design. Delegates will be given
an awareness of effective website design and usability of websites.

Wednesday 12 October
Ethical Influencing: an introduction
10am-5pm
£250/£215*
Course leader: Keith Trickey
Have you ever watched your colleagues or managers walk into a mess simply
because you were unable or unwilling to make your voice heard? A problem,
that was obvious to you and could have been avoided? Have you ever been
?oversold? by a colleague and been effectively silenced in decision-making
process? Then it is time you developed your own approach to influencing:
this day will help you make an ethical start.

Wednesday 19 October
The Invisible Web
10am-5pm
£250/£215*
Course leader: Barbara Sen
This course covers how to use the Internet in order to find free business
information. There will be practical sessions throughout the day. While
the course does cover making more effective use of the Internet generally,
the examples used are largely for business information. By the end of the
course delegates will be aware of the reasons why the invisible web exists
and be familiar with tools for navigating it successfully.

Wednesday 26 October
Maximising Your Quantatitive Research Skills and Results
10am-5pm
£250/£215*
Course leader: Chris Murphy
While the ability to create and understand quantitative information is
increasingly prized and demanded at work, many otherwise very able people
view numerical data with distaste and perhaps even fear. This is due to
factors such as the tedium of traditional calculating methods and the
failure of much maths teaching to show the vast number of practical
applications a grasp of quantitative methods can be put to.  So this
highly practical course will demonstrate techniques for avoiding errors in
data entry and manipulating large amounts of numerical data rapidly and
easily using the powerful tools available on ?Excel?. It also surmounts
the psychological barrier by highlighting the way quantitative methods can
be applied to extract maximum meaning from information containing numbers.

For full course  information, details of the course leaders and booking
details on these and other Autumn courses,  please click here:

http://www.mbs.ac.uk/bis-training

Kind regards,

Jane Marshall

Jane Marshall
Business Information Officer
Business Information Service
Eddie Davies Library
Manchester Business School
The University of Manchester
+44 (0)161 275 6503

We are now taking bookings for our Autumn series of superb value Business
and Management Training courses. Check our website for course details and
booking information: www.mbs.ac.uk/bis-training