Hi,
Would colleagues be interested in an introductory course on MARC 21?

I have a provisional date, ime and venue for the training - Tuesday 3rd May
9.30am - 4.30pm at Cwmbran Public Library. The cost would be £120 (Incl
lunch and refreshments)

This is an Allegro Training Workshop presented by Ian Ledsham.

Here's a description of the course:

Recently joined the MARC21 Train? Or still waiting on the platform?
Either way, this course will provide you with the information you need
on how MARC21 works; and where is differs from UKMARC.

MARC 21: an introduction

What is covered?

At the end of the day delegates will

    be familiar with the provisions of MARC21

    be aware of those areas that differ from UKMARC

    have practised the application of MARC21 to real examples

    have considered the implications of changing to MARC21

Who should attend?

Staff cataloguing all types of library materials using MARC21  coding

Staff migrating to MARC21 form UKMARC

Staff preparing for implementation of MARC21 within their system

A booking form can be obtained by emailing me at [log in to unmask]
or ringing me on 01633 628945 mobile 07967 426656

Thank you!

Jane Daniels
Support Services Development Officer,
Torfaen Libraries