The recently advertised post of Law Librarian contained an error. I am
therefore circulating the corrected version. Please disregard the first
circulation.

Thanks.

The University of Bradford is introducing a law degree from September 2005.
We are now seeking to appoint a  Law Librarian (see brief details
below) who will have the challenging opportunity to be involved from the
start in the development of the Law Library.  Full details of the job
description and role specification as well as information on how to apply
can be found on the University's job vacancies site at:

http://www.bradford.ac.uk/jobs

Anyone who would like to discuss the post prior to application is welcome to
contact me directly by telephone or e-mail.

Grace Hudson

----------------------
Grace Hudson
Deputy University Librarian (Academic Services) J.B. Priestley Library,
University of Bradford, Bradford BD7 1DP
Tel: (01274) 233402 Email: [log in to unmask]

UNIVERSITY OF BRADFORD

Learning Support Services

Law Librarian

Applications are invited for the newly created post of Law Librarian.
This is a full-time post and is a rare and exciting opportunity to be
involved in the creation and development of a Law Library from the outset.
You will have an honours degree (preferably a 2.1 or above), plus a
professional qualification in librarianship or information science; a legal
background would be desirable. Salary will be on Scale ALC 2 (£22,507 -
£29,128) or ALC 3 (£30,363 - £35,883) depending on experience.

FURTHER PARTICULARS

We welcome disabled applicants. If you consider yourself to be disabled, the
University may qualify for a grant towards equipment and support through
Access to Work. The successful candidate will receive further information
about the provision of University support at the offer of employment.

Information about the Library can be found on its website:
http://www.brad.ac.uk/library/index.php

The Post

The post is a new post and is consequent to the University starting a law
degree in September 2005. The successful candidate will be based in the J B
Priestley Library where the Law Library will be developed. The post will
offer a rare and exciting  opportunity to be involved in the creation of a
library from the outset and to be able to mould its development. The post
holder will need excellent knowledge of the bibliographic apparatus that
supports law and will already have substantial experience of working in a
law library in a professional role.
At least five years' experience will be required for an appointment to ALC 3
grade. Ideally the successful candidate will be an existing member of the
British and Irish Association of Law Librarians, either as an individual or
a corporate member and will be familiar with the Law Society standards for
law libraries.

CLOSING DATE

Peter Ketley
University Librarian (Resources Management)
University of Bradford
Richmond Road
Bradford BD7 1DP

Tel: 01274 233366  Fax: 01274 233398