I am a student at Sheffield University studying for an MA in Librarianship. For
my dissertation I am tackling the question, "What, if anything, distinguishes a
'good read' from 'literature'? An investigation into the roles of 'quality' and
enjoyment in reading?"

As part of the research for this dissertation I am conducting a series of
interviews. I am looking for participants -anyone involved in public libraries,
especially those with an involvement in stock selection. The interviews will be
conducted by telephone and all participants will be kept anonymous in the
dissertaion. If you're interested please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

If you have views on the issues involved but don't want to be interviewed you
are welcome to e-mail some general comments to me though perhaps it's best not
to put them out on the list for fear of blocking it with a full-scale debate!
While I am hoping to recruit interviewees from public libraries I welcome
general comments from library and information professionals in any sector.

Thank you for your help,

Abigail Phillips
Department of Information Studies
University of Sheffield