I thought some of may be interested in a summary of some of the
items.

- In general, many libraries said that they do not give their users
much time to pick up their bookings; as a consequence the rate of
non-collection is low. 30 minutes for overnight loan seems typical.

- Bookings are set to expire at a specified time after the booking is
made. Currently, our bookings elapse when the item is due.

- In some libraries, books are left on the shelf rather than being
physically reserved. We used to do this, but items in heavy demand went
'missing' quite regularly: students were understandably frustrated.

Many thanks for all your responses. It's clear that we have not quite
thought out our SLC procedure!

Sarah Kaufman

Sarah Kaufman
Library Assistant