Public libraries and adult learners - a research study

The list may be interested in a research study examining adult learning
service provision within public libraries in England.  The study is funded
by the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council and is being carried out
within the School of Business Information at Liverpool John Moores
University.

The study is looking at current provision for adult learners in public
libraries in England in light of the Government's strategic vision as
outlined in Framework for the Future.  It will establish key strengths of
public libraries in the field of adult learning provision, with the aim of
identifying priorities for libraries to develop services, enhance and build
on current provision, and focus on key strengths.

More details about the project are available on the School's website:
http://cwis.livjm.ac.uk/bus/cilm/mla_project.htm

I would welcome input from any list members about this project.  In
particular we are interested in hearing comments on or knowledge of good
practice in adult learning provision in public libraries.

My contact details are below.

Best wishes,
Chris Watts
________________________________