Places are still available on our June courses at Manchester Business
School:

Wednesday 1 June
Project Management
Trainer: Chris Murphy, Ravensbourne Research Ltd
Many excellent operations managers find handling projects difficult, yet
may find their performance is judged upon delivering these in full on time
and to budget.  Success in project work demands combining a repertoire of
skills: vision, planning, team leadership, financial and time management.
A well established set of techniques for managing projects is available
and their employment will ensure projects advance managers? careers rather
than blight them.

Wednesday 15 June
Key Business Sources on the Internet
Trainer: Karen Blakeman, RBA Information Services
This one day workshop concentrates on information sources relevant to
business applications, and in particular portals and the so-called
"invisible web". The emphasis will be on pay-as-you-go and free services.
Throughout the day, there will be practical sessions during which you can
work through exercises or try out your own research. Each delegate
receives a comprehensive set of notes and a list of key starting points
and business information resources.
Wednesday 29 June
Effective Workplace Communications:good fences make good neighbours
Trainer: Keith Trickey, Liverpool John Moores University
The interpersonal problems that occur in direct client service
organisation can often happen simply because an individual is unable to
sense and maintain the appropriate degree of personal formality in a
situation. Sometimes our major problems occur, not because we have been
unpleasant or rude to a client or colleague but simply because our concern
to help someone has over ridden reasonable respect for our selves and over
time this compromises our ability to be effective in our work.  This is a
practical workshop that will explore how we can use a range of verbal and
non-verbal approaches to show ourselves the same respect we allow to our
clients and colleagues.
All courses are held at the Manchester Business School, run from 10am to
5pm and are delivered by well known experts in the field.  A three-couse
lunch is inlcuded, together with refreshments during the day.  Avoid the
time and expense of travelling to London and take advantage of the
competitive prices on offer!

For more information on the programme content and course dates or to
download a booking form, go to www.mbs.ac.uk/bis-training or call the
Business Information Service on 0161 275 6503.

Kind regards,

Jane

Jane Marshall
Business Information Officer
Business Information Service
Eddie Davies Library
Manchester Business School
The University of Manchester
+44 (0)161 275 6503

Next Training courses in our 2005 series are:
1 June: Project Management
www.mbs.ac.uk/bis-training