Dear Lis-Link,

Here at De Montfort University we are reviewing our short loan collection
and its future, in particular its location and the form it should take e.g.
* Is it necessary to retain a discrete collection?
* Could it be housed with reference material?
* Are there other options?

I'd love to hear how other institutions see the future of their short loan
collections. Has anyone tried rehousing their short loan items as part of
the reference collection? If so how did it work? What other ideas have
people had?

Please send all replies to me and I will summarise the list.

Many thanks in advance to all who reply!

Sally

Sally Fensome
Subject Librarian
De Montfort University