Apologies for cross posting

Dear all

Chris Milne at Abertay and I presented a petition to the Scottish
Parliament on the subject of information literacy at the end of October.
It calls upon the Scottish Parliament 'to urge the Scottish Executive to
ensure that the national school curriculum recognises the importance of
information literacy as a key lifelong learning skill.' The supporting
document explains this and suggests ways forward. There are two stages
in petitioning the Scottish Parliament.

1.	An electronic petition which aims to collect signatures in
support of the petition
2.	A petition to the Public Petitions Committee of the Scottish
Parliament

The electronic petition closes this Friday -16th December - and the
number of signatures has greatly exceeded our expectations. A petition,
on average, generates about 450 signatures and we now have 647. I am
delighted to see so many names of people who are known to me either
personally, or by reputation.

Chris Milne, Christine Irving and I will be attending a meeting of the
Public Petitions Committee on Wednesday 21st December to give a short
presentation and answer questions. It would be good if we could get the
number of signatures to over 700 so, if anyone was planning to sign, and
has not got round to it yet, now's your chance!

http://epetitions.scottish.parliament.uk/view_petition.asp?PetitionID=76
<http://epetitions.scottish.parliament.uk/view_petition.asp?PetitionID=7
6>

Best wishes