Apologies for being slow (or naïve) here, but I'm puzzled by the JISC's terminology. Since the world has ostensibly moved on and information literacy, as opposed to 'skills' is now in common parlance (for all the well-documented reasons)and is recognised by our professional body (and increasingly in other quarters as well as internationally), why has JISC chosen an increasingly outdated term in 'skills', with all the associated baggage that the term carries as outlined below? Is JISC simply out of touch in this regard?

Regards,

Jonathan Smart,
Academic Support Co-ordinator (Skills),
Room 201, Library,