Hi Lucy

We've tested issuing Short Loans with bookings on our 3M self-issue machines and, as Lesha says, the machines will not issue them at all even if there's only 1 booking away in the future.  So to make Self-Issue Short Loan work you would have to abandon the bookings system or wait for Innovative to come up with a fix - which doesn't seem imminent.