Since we have not implemented AthensDA I cannot comment how it might
work with LDAP or about AthensDA authenticating against OPAC, but I
think it would be helpful to separate the campus LDAP server and
Innovative's LDAP (External Patron Verification) product.  Of course the
latter validates patrons against the former, but as far as I know it is
not a Single Sign On product.

If you are interested in what Innovative is doing in this area you may
want to look at the following powerpoint presentations available from
CSDirect.

Integrating Millennium in the Campus Environment
http://csdirect.iii.com/ppt/iug2005f_ldap_rpds.zip

Review of Campus Portals, Single Sign On and Course Management System
Integration
(several presentations under Academic Library Directors' Symposium 2005)

Mieko

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Mandy Phillips wrote:

> Hi Mary,
>
> We also, are just looking at AthensDA and LDAP for going live in
> September, but are in the early stages of what might be a very last
> minute solution!
>
> Can I ask is the delay caused by III or on your side of things?
>
> I'd also be interested in the authenticating against the Opac
> questions?
>
> Regards,
>
> Mandy

> Dear All,
>
> We are in the process of implementing AthensDA here at London Met but
> have now discovered if we wish to authenticate against our LDAP server
>
> (which ideally we do)we may have to delay going live in September.
> We are looking for an alternative and wondered if anyone is using
> AthensDA and authenticating against Opac?
>
> Regards,
> Mary

-----
Mieko Yamaguchi                                [log in to unmask]
Technical Services Manager/System Coordinator        +44 (0)1248 382970
Main Library, University of Wales Bangor, UK   +44 (0)1248 382979 (Fax)