These are the culprits -

http://www.internet-exchange.co.uk/home.asp?section=communications

There's nothing in the website that makes the user think that they charge
for every breath one takes - in dreadful environments - how dare these
people tell users they charge for emails and that "they are not a charity"
when they are using library premises !

It's not a joke - other CILIP in London librarians say why don't I "just" go
over to another borough -
it's not acceptable.

In the meantime, at CILIP members' room there are reports (in which 8 users
have their "oil paintings" portrayed for a LearnDirect/UFI report - telling
us how wonderful and flexible all of this "learning" is - how the courses
are readily available to "enhance their skills" and how they can "come and
go" -

There is also a UFI conference video with Bob Mckee delivering a paper -and
so on - everyone singing praises to mediocrity -

I just wonder if the people who write these things (apart from the 8 who
have their oil paintings included in the UFI strategic plan / report) can
possibly know what it's like at the chalk face.

Pages and pages of responses and consultation of course -

Emilce