forwarded on behalf of Mike Hannant, Royal Society of Chemistry.,

RSC Web Site Performance - An Apology

The RSC would like to apologise to its customers for any inconvenience
since Monday May 16th, caused by unforeseen difficulties arising from
the re-launch of our web services. Despite detailed preparation and the
prior arrangement of internal re-directs for some 40,000 pages of
content to the new site structure, some things did not work as foreseen.

Although, with a site of this magnitude and complexity, some error
messages inevitably will still occur, we believe most of the problems
have now been captured and in most cases resolved. Article and archive
links should now be more efficient and some remaining broken links are
being corrected. Thank you for your patience.

We are confident that, as it did in user testing, the site will prove
vastly more popular, intuitive and useful for all our customers. Thank
you to the librarians who have given useful feedback of where problems
have arisen, and who have confirmed to us their resolution.

Phil Abrahams
Customer Services Director
RSC Publishing
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House
Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0WF, UK
Tel +44 (0)1223 432301, Fax +44 (0)1223 426017
http://www.rsc.org and http://www.chemsoc.org