Northern European roles in the heart of Oxford.

Publishing opportunities in Oxford

Established in Oxford more than 75 years ago, Blackwell Publishing is the
world’s leading society publisher, producing 750 journals and over 600 new
books every year. With 11 offices in eight countries, we are committed to
investing in our people, resources and technology. Right now, we’re
looking for two dynamic individuals who would like to carve out successful
careers in our Journal Sales division.

JOURNAL SALES EXECUTIVE - NORTHERN EUROPE
Driving sales in our Academic, Corporate, Government and Medical sectors,
you will identify revenue making opportunities and negotiate licences with
university consortia, pharmaceutical companies and other major customers.
You’ll also promote our online journal service, Synergy, coordinate
campaigns throughout Europe in conjunction with the Library Marketing
Manager and produce regular reports on sales and trends. Educated to A-
Level standard and with at least two years’ sales or library experience,
you’ll be organised and able to work confidently under your own initiative.

JOURNAL SALES COORDINATOR
You will assist your nominated Sales Executive with proposals and
quotations, raise invoices for consortia sales, analyse prices and sales
figures and deal with day-to-day key customer queries – providing overall
administrative support. You’ll also liaise with colleagues in Marketing,
Finance, Circulation and Customer Services and assist with prospecting for
new customers. Your minimum of one year’s experience in sales
administration or customer service will be complemented by an A-Level
education and Maths and English GCSE at Grade C or above. In addition
you’ll need advanced MS Excel skills and a confident telephone manner.

To apply for either role, please send your CV to Nathalie Dyson-Coope,
Human Resources Department, Blackwell Publishing, 9600 Garsington Road,
Oxford OX4 2DQ. Alternatively email

Closing date for applications: 6th May 2005.