Dear Jennifer

Good day.

Did you mean barcoding serial issues for restricted circulation within the library only and not to be taken out? As against, for journal purposes?

There is no doubt that it is a nice thing to do, in view of the small volumes of some of such publications, which some 'deliquent users' will want to take advantage of and sneak out of the library with.

Cheers.

Ayo

"Ball, Jennifer - Assistant Librarian" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I am considering barcoding serial issues here for journal usage purposes.
Has anyone out there tried this? Have you run into problems or was it
worthwhile? We have about 200 print journal titles.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

You can reply to my personal e-mail if you wish.

Regards

Jennifer

Jennifer Ball

Assistant Librarian

Institute of Technology Tallaght,

Tallaght

Dublin 24

Ireland

Tel: +353 1 4042133

Fax: +353 1 4042700

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Website: http://www.it-tallaght.ie/library

'The information transmitted is the property of Institute of Technology, Tallaght.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or accidentally corrupted
or intercepted. For this reason, where the communication is by email,
Institute of Technology Tallaght does not accept any responsibility for any breach
of confidence which may arise through the use of this medium. Institute of Technology
Tallaght sweeps emails for computer viruses known to it at the date of transmission'.