Hi, my name is Stephen Welch. Iım the Executive Editor for CHEST. My ears
are burning! I hope participating in this list will help me get some
additional appreciation for the types of problems you all experience with
e-journals.

Lesleyıs experience is unfortunate, and complicated by the fact that when
the agency sent us information for her 2005 subscription, the address was
different, including the city (2005 was Hatfield UK, 2004 was Hertfordshire
UK).

Because of the discrepancy we treated the 2005 info as a new account because
it did not match what was in our system from 2004. That is why Lesley's
organization received a new ID number for their 2005 account, which is why
our activation of the grace period didn't solve her access problem and then
she had to activate an entirely new account. We sure apologize for the
inconvenience sheıs experienced.

The good thing to come out of this is that we found out our subscription
gracing had not been activated and we have since corrected that problem. In
the immortal words of Homer J. Simpson, "D'oh!"

However, we're not sure how to circumvent account info that differs from one
year to the next. We will discuss with our agencies to see if there is a way
we can try to prevent this in the future.

If any others experience similar problems with CHEST, please don't hesitate
to contact me.

Best regards,

Steve

--