--------------------------
Malcolm Taggart

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda Humphreys" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:54 PM
Subject: JIBS> Battle of the Giants: WoK vs Scopus vs Google Scholar

The JIBS User Group invites you to our AGM and meeting on Wednesday 23rd
November from 1.30 to 4.30pm at Birkbeck College, 43 Gordon Square, London:

Battle of the Giants: a comparison of Web of Knowledge, Scopus and Google
Scholar.

1.30 - 2.00 JIBS User Group AGM

2.00 - 2.05 Welcome from Chair
Gary Horrocks, Research and Learning Liaison Manager, Kings College London

2.05 - 2.30 A comparison of WoK and Scopus
Linda Humphreys, Science Faculty Librarian, University of Bath

2.30 - 2.55 Web of Knowledge
Simon Pratt and Julia Hawks, Thompson Scientific

2.55 - 3.20 Tea

3.20 - 3.45 Scopus
Ginny Hendricks, Elsevier

3.45 - 4.10 Google Scholar
Roger Mills, University of Oxford

4.10 - 4.30 Discussion

Many Institutions are currently looking closely at these products with a
view to informing users of their relative strengths and weaknesses.  We
hope that this meeting will provide a useful opportunity to gather this
information together and to share our experience of these products.

The meeting is FREE to members of the JIBS User Group or 30 GBP to
non-members.  To find out if your Institution is a member, please see our
web site:   <http://www.jibs.ac.uk/>

To reserve a place, please reply to Linda Humphreys
<[log in to unmask]> by Monday 14th November with the following
details:

I wish to attend the JIBSUG seminar on Wednesday 23rd November 2005

NAME:

INSTITUTION:

JOB TITLE:

TELEPHONE NO:

EMAIL ADDRESS:

Complete whichever of the following applies to you:
* My organisation is a member of JIBS: Yes / No
* I enclose my cheque made payable to JIBSUG £......................
OR
* Please send invoice to:

I require a receipt [ ]

I will confirm that you have a place and send further details of the venue.

Best wishes,

Linda Humphreys
Secretary, JIBS User Group

Linda Humphreys