Apols for X-posting

Hello there,

We're reviewing our methods of resource discovery here at LSE and I'd be
really interested to find out what others are doing as regards using either
the same or separate records for electronic and print versions of the same
title. We have questions such as:

- Do you have separate e and p records for the titles which you take in both
formats?
- Or do you have a single record?
- If you have a single record, how do you describe the two different
resource types on the one record?
- What does the user see on the catalogue (or anywhere else for that matter)
in either case?
- And do you keep data on eJournals in more than one system eg on the
catalogue AND on other systems such as ENCompass resource discovery system
etc etc?
- Do you adhere to any particlar accepted standards for this data?
- What are the thought processes behind any decisions?

We need to develop good policies and procedures. Any help you can give will
be hugely appreciated.

Regards
Sally

Sally Rumsey
E Services Librarian
Library
The London School of Economics and Political Science
10 Portugal Street
London
WC2A 2HD

020 7955 7943