Hello everyone,

I graduated with a library management degree this year and am working as
Library Assistant in a law school.  My manager is going to be my mentor
but she needs to wait for a refresher course so she can help me develop my
PPDP.  I want to attend one of the seminars for new candidates but there
aren't any in the northwest at the moment.  Therefore, I cannot progress
with my PPDP or register for chartership at the moment.

My question is what can I do in the meantime, rather than simply waiting?

I am keeping a diary of my work but it tends to be mostly housekeeping
(i.e. loose-leaf filing, serving customers, a little bit of cataloguing).
I have responsiblity for running our small stationery shop so I wondered
if this could count as valuable experience?  I am doing a customer service
training course this week and intend to take notes on what we do and how I
applied it at work afterwards.

Any advice would be very welcome as I feel like my professional
development is beginning to stagnate!

Thank you,

James