From: learning development in higher education network [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of John Hilsdon
Sent: 08 March 2005 08:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Plagiarism and 'Turnitin'

Good morning All

A quick query: I wondered if any of you have views about adopting (or not) the anti-plagiarism software programme Turnitin ?

http://www.turnitin.com/static/home.html?session-id=0d6b5f7ea9375af381fe59ee3c7f3a24

Have any of you any experience of using it?  Do your institutions? Any comments on usefulness, equity, costs, practicalities, cultural issues any other issues .?

Is it any better than doing a quick Google search with a section of text?

Id be interested in your views!

John

John Hilsdon
Co-ordinator, Learning Development