Hi Melissa,

I wonder if the perspective on using student support is a regional one?
When I was a student in South Africa, I earned a good deal of money as a
student tutor - in a scheme that was widely used in the university.  I
have read quite a lot of research from the States in which they refer to
the use of undergraduate and postgraduate tutors, and yet when I have
suggested the idea at the university I now work at in the UK, they are
positively horrified by the idea.

I think that there are a whole lot of benefits, not least of which is that
of cost to the university.

Ruth

--
Ruth Brown