Hello Maarten,

Thanks for the warning! I will try to get this static info into the other BDII as well.

BTW isn't it strange that a CE publishes information that is needed by the SE? Apparently you cannot have a standalone SE at all.

Kind regards,

Fokke

LHC Computer Grid - Rollout wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Fokke Dijkstra wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Next week we will upgrade our cluster to LCG-2.4.0. At this
> point in time we will also upgrade from RedHat 7.3 to
> Scientific Linux 3.0.4. This means that the upgrade will be a
> lot of work, and we have planned the whole week (April 25-29) for it.
>>
>> During the upgrade we hope to keep downtimes as short as
> possible. To prevent loss of jobs we need to shutdown the
> queues on the CE however.
>>
>> The upgrade will not involve the SE teras.sara.nl and the RLS
>> mu5.matrix.sara.nl!
>>
>> Because the data of these services is published on the CE
> which will go down, we have installed a separate BDII on the
> RLS server.
>> During the upgrade we may move the information about
> certain services to this BDII to prevent the loss of this
> information.
>> So now SARA has the following BDIIs with site information:
>>
>> # SARA-LCG2
>> ldap://giis.matrix.sara.nl:2170/mds-vo-name=saralcg2,o=grid #
>> SARA-RLS ldap://rls.matrix.sara.nl:2170/mds-vo-name=sararls,o=grid
>>
>> Note, that in order to have this information available to
> you, the new BDII should be included in the top BDII you use.
> The "all sites" list currently has this BDII, so most sites
> should be OK.
>>
>> I'm not sure about experiment specific BDIIs though. So it
> may be wise to check this if you need to access data stored
> at the teras SE.
>
> You need to ensure that the GlueCESEBindSEUniqueID DNs remain
> published during the upgrade, otherwise the lcg-* tools
> cannot use your SE.  For example:

> ----------------
> # teras.sara.nl,
> mu6.matrix.sara.nl:2119/jobmanager-pbs-atlas, saralcg2, grid
> dn:
> GlueCESEBindSEUniqueID=teras.sara.nl,GlueCESEBindGroupCEUnique
>  ID=mu6.matri
> x.sara.nl:2119/jobmanager-pbs-atlas,mds-vo-name=saralcg2,o=grid
> objectClass: GlueGeneralTop objectClass: GlueCESEBind
> objectClass: GlueSchemaVersion
> GlueCESEBindCEAccesspoint: /home
> GlueCESEBindCEUniqueID: mu6.matrix.sara.nl:2119/jobmanager-pbs-atlas
> GlueCESEBindSEUniqueID: teras.sara.nl
> GlueSchemaVersionMajor: 1
> GlueSchemaVersionMinor: 1
>
> These entries normally come from the CE, but since they are
> static, any BDII can publish them.

--------
Fokke Dijkstra
High Performance Computing
SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten    http://www.sara.nl
Tel. +31 20 592 8004 Fax. +31 20 668 3167