Hi,

Next week we will be migrating our site (SARA-LCG2) to LCG-2.4.0. At the same time we will also switch the OS to Scientific Linux. Together this forms a rather drastic change.

We are also running an RLS server on our site, which is used by a number of VOs. Since the RLS is not supported within LCG-2.4.0 we will leave it as it is. And upgrade to an LFC in the near future. This has, of course, to be discussed with the VOs first.

In the meantime our site will be down for about a week, which is unacceptable for the RLS. I have therefore installed a BDII on the RLS as well that contains its information.

My suggestion would be to have the RLS as a separate entry in the all-sites list, removing the dependency of the existence of the RLS endpoint information on the availability of the Computing Element.
Is this a good idea?

If yes, can someone add the following entry to the all-sites list:
SARA-RLS ldap://rls.matrix.sara.nl:2170/mds-vo-name=sararls,o=grid

Please notify me, because I will then have to remove the RLS entries from the BDII on our CE.

Kind regards,

Fokke Dijkstra

--------
Fokke Dijkstra
High Performance Computing
SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten    http://www.sara.nl
Tel. +31 20 592 8004 Fax. +31 20 668 3167