LHC Computer Grid - Rollout
> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jeff Templon said:
> name: EL for enterprise Linux, RHC red hat classic numbering scheme,
> etc.
> version: the "distributor ID" as provided by /usr/bin/lsb_release -i
> release: the release number as provided by /usr/bin/lsb_release -i -r

This seems somewhat promising, but to pour on a bit of cold water this
is the RAL UI:

hostname
lcgui01.gridpp.rl.ac.uk

/usr/bin/lsb_release -a
LSB Version:    1.3
Distributor ID: n/a
Release:        n/a
Codename:       n/a

Also we would need a way to generalise this to other (Unix/windows/...)
systems.

Stephen

PS The Glue schema meeting is on Friday, so ideas before that would be
useful ...