LHC Computer Grid - Rollout
said:
> The site is not down, it's just temporarily not accepting new
> jobs.  I
> can understand that I need downtime while upgrading, because services
> will truly be inaccessible, and any jobs still running at the time of
> the upgrade will be lost.

But the SFTs won't run so the monitoring will think there's a problem.
Also it will affect accounting in some way, although what you want isn't
so obvious: one way you are nominally available but your CPU usage is
low, the other way you are nominally unavailable but you accumulate some
usage anyway. The second one probably looks better :)

Stephen