Hi again,

I found some workarounds :

1 - change the hostname to the full qualified host name (... but then what's the point to have a -f option to hostname ?)
2 - edit the files /opt/edg/libexec/edg-rgma-servlet-status AND /opt/edg/etc/init.d/edg-rgma-service-status , change any 'hostname' call to 'hostname -f' AND restart the servlet status monitor
-> /opt/edg/etc/init.d/edg-rgma-service-status restart

... I just read Maarten's mail, so I will open a new bug (or two ?) in Savannah.

Regards,
Frederic Schaer

Frederic Schaer a écrit :
[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> Hi,

I don't have a LCG 2.3 MON Box to check, so I'll ask you to check for me (please ?) :
Could you tell me what's the command to get the hostname in the /opt/edg/libexec/edg-rgma-servlet-status file ?
On a LCG 2.2 installed Mon Box (redhat), it can be found on line 699 : rc, std, err = run('hostname')

BUT, when I run hostname on the machine, I get the short hostname, i.e : cclcgmoli01
To get the Full hostname, I have to run "hostname -f" which returns "cclcgmoli01.in2p3.fr"

As a result the published RGMA URI is http://cclcgmoli01:8080/R-GMA/StreamProducerServlet , which is wrong.... and edg-rgma-check fails when checking the service and service status table :

Checking the status of the servlets...

SchemaServlet OK
RegistryServlet OK
StreamProducerServlet OK
LatestProducerServlet OK
ConsumerServlet OK

Checking the R-GMA command line interface...

R-GMA command line interface: OK.

Checking Schema...

Found Service in schema
Found ServiceStatus in schema

Checking for site RGMA in Service and Service Status Tables...
R-GMA.ConsumerService: Failed
R-GMA.StreamProducerService: Failed
R-GMA.ArchiverService: Failed
R-GMA.CanonicalProducerService: Failed
R-GMA.DBProducerService: Failed
R-GMA.LatestProducerService: Failed

Weird isn't it ? ;)

SO, please tell me if this is a bug, should I tweak the edg-rgma-servlet-status script (add a '-f swith') ? You'll tell me to upgrade to LCG 2.3 ... well this is planned.
I haven't seen many (any  ?) people suffering from this problem, would anyone know why it happend or how it could have happened ?

Well, I tried to tweak the file, but it seems the info is not correctly updated in RGMA : the right command is now launched, but the info found inside RGMA still is wrong... ?
I'll try to restart some serlvet monitoring daemons...

Regards,
Frederic

P.S : UPDATE : I've seen the same problem as mine for the following site in the GOC RGMA browser :
http://mon.isabella.grnet.gr:8080 -> publishes http://mon:8080/R-GMA/ArchiverServlet for example