I thin k to after reading the file that diescribe the update i am almost sure we can solve the problem without lot of work.

--

Louis Poncet

Where: Bat28-R-003 CERN

CH-1211 Geneve 23

Mail : [log in to unmask]

Phone: +41(0)227.674.231

LAL / IN2P3 / CNRS / CERN

Problem >> RTFM then google it !

On 10 mai 05, at 11:01, Steve Traylen wrote:

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 12:28:39AM +0300 or thereabouts, Dimitrios Apostolou wrote:

Hello list,

today we (at GR-03-HEPNTUA) tried LCG 2.4.0 installation on Scentific
Linux 4. As expected installation failed because of rpm conflicts. The
problems were related mostly to deprecated packages and unresolvable
dependencies (because of strict version requirements).

The fact is that the scientific linux team is doing a great job and the
new version seems much better (and to date) than the previous one
(things like gigabit are working out of the box now!). I wonder if there
is work being done to support installation of LCG on SL4. Are there any
experimental rpm repositories we can play with?

It would interesting if you could post a list of the hard RPM dependency
errors you hit. My suspicion would be that most of them of not needed
anyway. The likelihood is that the LCG code stands a very good chance
of just working as is on SL4.

 Steve

Thanks in advance,
Dimitris