Leif Nixon пишет:

> Those memory limits are a mixed blessing; our nodes don't run out of
> memory, but it's a bit of a pity that jobs are being killed when they
> exceed their asked-for memory limit of, say, 800 MB, when they happen
> to be running on a dedicated node with 2 GB RAM.

Leif, it *is* a blessing: if such job keeps running (I have to admit
that I increased this limit to 1300 MB two days ago), it gets stuck and
occupies the processor not for 30 minutes, but for 5 hours, doing
nothing (well, filling up the disk with garbage messages perhaps), only
to be killed by the requested (and correctly enforced) CPU time
consumption limit.

On the actual problem: it is a bug in ATLAS s/w; perhaps we'll have to
abort the jobs. Fixed s/w so far is not expected to be deployed for this
stage of production.

Oxana