Yo,

It's even worse than that:

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 16:55, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:

> Ah, but this should be documented then. Because the documentation says
> "A site that can provide resources will add a computing element (CE), that
> acts as a gateway to the computing resources and a storage element (SE),
> that acts as a gateway to the local storage."
>
> >From this it is quite easy to get the impression that you have to have a
> local SE, instead of a documentation talking about what is expected from
> an SE when it comes to data permanence etc.

At some point we were wondering here why so many smaller sites were
interested in setting up a MyProxy server.  Just made no sense
whatsoever.  Until one of us was looking at the LCG manual install
(specially recommended for small sites without a lot of expertise) and
in the example config file, there was a) CE, b) SE, c) WN, d) MyProxy.
All those myproxies since sites were just assuming they needed to have
one of each just like the example!!

                                JT